Spring brings rain showers, flowers and…cleaning. If you love spring but hate the cleaning, you'll be happy to know that there are some quick tips that will help you cut down on the time you'll need to devote to the process. Here are just a few ways that you can get your house clean with a lot less effort.
Vacuum Away The Musty Odors
Vacuuming is an important part of spring cleaning. After the long winter, your home may have a bit of a musty odor. You can get rid of that smell while your vacuuming your home. Simply place a few drops of your favorite essential oil inside your vacuum canister. The aroma will be released throughout your home, leaving you with a fresh, clean scent.
Clean Fan Blades Without The Mess
Those fan blades can be real hassles to clean, especially if they're particularly dusty. You start to clean and all the dust floats down to the floor. Here's a simple way to get the blades clean without the mess. You'll need an old pillowcase and a spray can of furniture polish.
- Spray the inside of an old pillowcase with furniture polish.
- Carefully place the pillowcase over a fan blade.
- Pull the pillowcase off the blade and watch the dust slide off into the pillowcase.
- Repeat the process on each blade.
- Throw the pillowcase in the washing machine when you're done.
- Use the same pillowcase each time you clean your fan.
Take Some Vodka To Bed
No matter how hard you try to stop it, your mattress is going to start smelling bad. Ordinary fabric fresheners will simply mask the smell. Get rid of the odors and disinfect your bed all at the same time using ordinary vodka. You'll need a bottle of vodka, a few drops of essential oils, and a spray bottle.
- Fill a spray bottle with 2 cups of vodka.
- Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Remove the sheets from your bed.
- Spray the entire mattress with the solution and leave it to air dry.
- The alcohol will disinfect your mattress and the essential oils will remove the odors.
Set Little Feet Loose On Wood Floors
Little children love to help around the house. Unfortunately, there isn't much that a little one can do during spring cleaning. If you have wood floors, your kids will love helping you remove the dust that can build up around the baseboards. Put clean socks on your kid's feet and have them shuffle their way around the edges of each room. The socks will pick up all the dust bunnies that are hiding on the floor. When they're done, simply throw the socks in the washing machine.
You know you have to clean your house this spring. That doesn't mean it has to be a tedious chore. These quick and easy tips will help take some of the work out of your spring cleaning. For more information, contact a company like Apple Cleaning Supplies in Edmonton.